Julian Brandt is a Swedish singer-songwriter, formerly of electropop group Bobby. His début solo album, last year’s Looks And Talent (Don´t Always Go Together) was a storming release that made it into my Top 5 Synthpop Albums of 2009. A gorgeous slab of synthpop, the album featured a host of guest performances from the likes of Kitty Jutbring (Kitty & The K), Christer Lundberg (Universal Poplab), Sophie Rimheden, Toril Lindqvist (Alice In Videoland), and Space Age Baby Jane. Follow-up album News Travels Fast In Stockholm is shaping up well; definitely one I’m very much looking forward to! I asked Julian what his top 10 favourite songs were: here’s what he came back with.
1. ABBA — The Day Before You Came
2. A-ha — Scoundrel Days
My favorite singer.
3. Depeche Mode — The Things You Said
Alan Wilder in the lineup.
4. Duran Duran — Secret Oktober
5. Elvis Presley — Early Morning Rain
6. Kajagoogoo — White Feathers
My favorite bass player.
7. Kraftwerk — Showroom Dummies
I am one.
8. Paul McCartney — Check My Machine
My favorite songwriter.
9. Rolling Stones — Ruby Tuesday
I love 60’s pop.
10. Frank Sinatra — The Girl From Ipanema
- My Top 10 — Julian Brandt, featuring 9 of Julian’s chosen tracks
- Listen to Julian Brandt on Spotify
- Website: julianbrandt.com
- MySpace: myspace.com/julianbrandt